The mood of your wedding
Did know that you are the mood of your wedding!?
Hi, I’m Bruno Rosa, I’m a wedding photographer based in Ireland and I’ve had the privilege of photographing over 450 weddings in Ireland and around Europe and I feel that I must share this with you.
Here we go! Weddings are very unpredictable, they could go out of control very easily, so, if something goes wrong, pass it to your Bridesmaid / BestMan or someone you can trust, and let them deal with it, there is nothing you can do other than forget about it and enjoy your day as much as you can because you know what!? It’s gonna fly away pretty quick that you won’t even see, I know that by experience!
Let me be honest with you, your wedding it’s not a fashion magazine photoshoot, it’s real life, so whatever happens, it happened and your photographer should just be there to capture it. If something unpredictable happens, just let it go, you are gonna have a good laugh in a couple of years time while looking at those moments captured.
Again, this is extremely important, ‘’you are the mood of your wedding’’, if you are worried about every single detail or stressing out with small things, that’s not a good way to go, your guests will notice and will stay back and your wedding will be a totally different experience, now, if you are happy and celebrating, people will see that and will follow your track, and then you are gonna a have an awesome day with loads of awesome moments.
On the day you should just go with the flow, be your self and let your photographer capture it naturally, if he missed something and ask you to that again, this is not a good photographer to have on your big day, moments are real and they should never be recreated.
Your photographer should be very calm, discrete, helpful and you should never be uncomfortable with him/her at any stage, the only thing that you can’t be is uncomfortable because of your photographer, that can’t happen at all, but if it happens you should tell your photographer straight away and he shouldn’t take it personally.
Another important advice before I go is that your photographer should not take control of anything unless during family/groups shoots and during the photo session, all that should and can easily be done in 20 to 30 min max.
In my option posed photographs should only be 5 % per cent of your Big day, the other 95 % per cent should be captured in a very candid and natural way.
Remember! Your photographer should be there as a friend and as a guest instead of been called the photographer of the day, that’s the only way he/she will be able to get in the middle of everyone to get the most natural and important moments.
Enjoy planning your wedding!